If you are not redirected automatically, follow the link to http://gourmetstash.com/whatsnew

Saturday, April 13, 2013

So then...

It has been a bit since I last blogged about the happenings here at Gourmet Stash HQ. And well, that is because I have been super busy preparing for updates and for.... festivals!!

I am happy to announce that I will be at the following events:

Powhatan Festival of Fiber April 27th 2013 in Powhatan, VA

SpinQuest August 24th 2013 in Front Royal, VA

Follow the links and check out these great festivals. I will be adding more to the list as I hear back on the status of my applications. Also, please note that when I have a festival coming up the update schedule will go to just a Friday night update. This will give me time to focus on preparing for the show and still give you an update for the week.

This past week, I attended the Raggawest classes at Fibre Space in Alexandria VA. Which I must say, was a total joy. If you ever have a chance to take their classes I would jump on it. Because they are very creative, rule-free and full of laughs.


It took me a few days to fully process everything I learned. And yesterday I created two really fun batts based on Stephen's jeans and a pic from his tumblr, Colorscout. So the inspiration bug really bit me hard. lol

Acid Green Jeans



 Hot Pink Painted Brick 

These two batts were included in last nights' update. I am trying to source the green mohair so I can make the "Acid Green Jeans" a repeatable batt. But the "Hot Pink Painted Brick" batt IS repeatable. So if you'd like one send me a convo! I'd be more than happy to make more of it. 

And finally...I am super excited to announce a giveaway! This one is specifically for those planning on attending or thinking about attending the Powhatan Festival of Fiber in Powhatan, VA. 

The giveaway is for:
Two (2) tickets to the Powhatan Festival of Fiber (one for you and a friend)
Two (2) 15% off coupons at the Gourmet Stash Booth (one for you and a friend)



To enter go to the Gourmet Stash Ravelry group and leave a comment in the giveaway thread. On Friday 4/19/13 I will announce the winner and mail out their tickets and coupons. 

Hope to see you at an upcoming festival!
Happy Spinning,
Kate






No comments:

Post a Comment