If you are not redirected automatically, follow the link to http://gourmetstash.com/whatsnew

Friday, March 22, 2013

3/22 Update & A Studio Revamp!

     Just a few items going up in tonight's update. Sorry-- I got side tracked by a few things. ( read below and you'll know why! lol ) However, in the update I am indlucing a "test" product. This week I tried out a new style of drum carding. Lots of extra blending and keeping each batt a single color. I was really inspired by all of the ombre and gradient yarns and fibers I've seen recently. Specifically the crew at Cephalopod Yarns. Their ombre mini palettes are incredible! I am hoping that soon they will give ombre fiber a test run. But in the mean time...

 Here is my take on the gradient trend!


      I learned a lot with making this set. Like, there is such a thing as over-blending fiber lol! I won't be making that particular mistake again. Please feel free to join the Ravelry Group and let me know what you think of the gradient sparkle batts! Or just come on over and share what you've got going on with your projects and ideas. And if you're a bit shy that is okay. Lurking is completely fine with me. ;)

     So, you may remember something about Fibery Tribbles with Wednesday's update. Well, I've been making lots and lots of them. ( hence the whole side-tracked thing...) But that is because they are so. much. FUN! The only problem, is that I was running out of surface space. So, my amazing husband jumped in last night and finished putting together the rest of the tables for my mini-studio in our Morning Room. 


We doubled the work space in one night and now I've got tons and tons of room to store my fiber, batts, punis, and shipping materials. Because of all of this extra space I made another 30 Fibery Tribbles today!


Again.. do I need to say it? They are addictive. 

     Then today, lots of great business-related stuff happened. I am not going to bore you with the details. Lots of it has to do with business tax and licensing stuff. Again, very boring. But, the best part was getting my PayPal Here card reader in the mail. 


     So now I will be able to accept credit cards/payment anywhere!

     Which means, I will ( hopefully ) be vendoring at a few festivals this year. When I hear back on my vendor applications I will let you know the wheres & whens. Overall though, I had an awesome work week. Which aside from the business admin stuff didn't feel like work at all. Which is the best kind of "work" in my humble opinion. 

Hope everyone has a great weekend! 
Happy Spinning!
Kate

PS - If you're in the Maryland/DC/VA/PA region come on out to the Homespun Yarn Party in Savage Mill, MD. I go almost every year and it is tons of fun! The lovely Kate of Dragonfly Fibers and Sarah of Cephalopod Yarns will be there alongside many, many other equally wonderful vendors.  If you're interested in attending... go to the Homespun Yarn Party blog for all of the details and lists of vendors. Hope to see you there!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment